This coming Thursday (July 25th) we are having a 3 hour Read-A-Thon at Twin Hickory Library. For every page you read during the Read-A-Thon the Friends of the Library will contribute money to AWARE (Alliance of Wild Animal Rehabilitators and Educators). You can also earn community service hours by participating in this event. Want to get involved? Sign up at our 2nd floor Info Desk or call 290-9200 x5. The Read-A-Thon will start at 10:00am and end at 1:00pm on Thursday, July 25th. Come Wednesday night to see some animals helped by AWARE. The AWARE event (We Dig Animals!) starts at 3:30pm on Wednesday, July 24th at Twin Hickory Library. Call us with any questions! 290-9200 x5
Bring your own book or borrow one of ours! B.Y.O.S. (Bring Your Own Snacks).
Published by AdrienneTheLibrarian
ABOUT … Adrienne, Teen Librarian & Digital Media Lab Librarian at Libbie Mill Library.
Hi, I’m Adrienne, and I’ve been a Teen Librarian at HCPL since 2006. I started at Twin Hickory and moved to Libbie Mill in 2015. Come visit our Teen Room and check out all we have for you -- books, great study and hanging out space, free computers, free classes in 3D design & printing, Coding, Photoshop and soooo much more!
Random stuff about me:
* Favorite book: Hmmmm, this is hard, since it changes all the time as I read new stuff and depending on what mood I’m in. However, there is one book that I know will still make me snort with laughter even when I’m 80 years old — The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
* Favorite food: perfectly made toast
* Favorite band/music: Cake. I will never get enough Cake.
* Favorite reference question: Q: How long does it take the galaxy to rotate once? A: It’s called a galactic or cosmic year and it takes about 225-250 million earth years.
* Pets: I have two cats and a dog. Marcus and Grey are the cats who were rescued from a box in the woods when they were just little puffballs. When they are not acting insane, they are very sweet and purr loudly. My dog is named Peter and he's a medium size poodle mix (we call him the substandard poodle). He's got floppy ears, snores and loves green beans.
View all posts by AdrienneTheLibrarian