Tuesday, January 27th is the next meeting of the Teen Writers Guild at Twin Hickory Library! We will have writing challenges, talk about the craft of writing, do some more writing and share your work at the end of the night (if you want to). Did I mention that there will be snacks too? Hot coco, tea, cider or water will be on hand, as well as brownies — writing is hard work and needs snacks! Come hang out, meet other writers in our area, and play with your words! Don’t forget to bring a pen or pencil!
Teen Writers Guild @ Twin Hickory Library
(we’ll be in the Meeting Room, just off the main lobby)
Tuesday, January 27, 2015; 6-7pm
Tuesday, February 24, 2015; 6-7pm (visit from author TBA!)
Tuesday, March 31, 2015; 6-7pm
Tuesday, April 28, 2015; 6-7pm
Published by AdrienneTheLibrarian
ABOUT … Adrienne, Teen Librarian & Digital Media Lab Librarian at Libbie Mill Library.
Hi, I’m Adrienne, and I’ve been a Teen Librarian at HCPL since 2006. I started at Twin Hickory and moved to Libbie Mill in 2015. Come visit our Teen Room and check out all we have for you -- books, great study and hanging out space, free computers, free classes in 3D design & printing, Coding, Photoshop and soooo much more!
Random stuff about me:
* Favorite book: Hmmmm, this is hard, since it changes all the time as I read new stuff and depending on what mood I’m in. However, there is one book that I know will still make me snort with laughter even when I’m 80 years old — The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
* Favorite food: perfectly made toast
* Favorite band/music: Cake. I will never get enough Cake.
* Favorite reference question: Q: How long does it take the galaxy to rotate once? A: It’s called a galactic or cosmic year and it takes about 225-250 million earth years.
* Pets: I have two cats and a dog. Marcus and Grey are the cats who were rescued from a box in the woods when they were just little puffballs. When they are not acting insane, they are very sweet and purr loudly. My dog is named Peter and he's a medium size poodle mix (we call him the substandard poodle). He's got floppy ears, snores and loves green beans.
View all posts by AdrienneTheLibrarian