The Henrico Office of Virginia Cooperative Extension will conduct two-day babysitting workshops at the North Park, Sandston and Varina Libraries. The workshops take place over two days, with a day in between. You MUST attend both days. The workshop will cover fun activities to do with children, making healthy snacks, handling emergencies, and the business of babysitting. Teens that finish the workshop will receive a tote bag and a certificate. Registration is required for this workshop and space is limited. Teens ages 12-18 can register online, in person or by calling 290-9000.
North Park Branch Library (290-9700)
Monday, August 3rd — 2:00-4:30 pm AND Wednesday, August 5th — 2:00-4:30 pm
Sandston Branch Library (290-9900)
Tuesday, August 11th — 2:00-4:30 pm AND Thursday, August 13th — 2:00-4:30 pm
Varina Branch Library (290-9800)
Wednesday, August 12th — 2:00-4:30 pm AND Friday, August 14th — 2:00-4:30 pm
Published by AdrienneTheLibrarian
ABOUT … Adrienne, Teen Librarian & Digital Media Lab Librarian at Libbie Mill Library.
Hi, I’m Adrienne, and I’ve been a Teen Librarian at HCPL since 2006. I started at Twin Hickory and moved to Libbie Mill in 2015. Come visit our Teen Room and check out all we have for you -- books, great study and hanging out space, free computers, free classes in 3D design & printing, Coding, Photoshop and soooo much more!
Random stuff about me:
* Favorite book: Hmmmm, this is hard, since it changes all the time as I read new stuff and depending on what mood I’m in. However, there is one book that I know will still make me snort with laughter even when I’m 80 years old — The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams.
* Favorite food: perfectly made toast
* Favorite band/music: Cake. I will never get enough Cake.
* Favorite reference question: Q: How long does it take the galaxy to rotate once? A: It’s called a galactic or cosmic year and it takes about 225-250 million earth years.
* Pets: I have two cats and a dog. Marcus and Grey are the cats who were rescued from a box in the woods when they were just little puffballs. When they are not acting insane, they are very sweet and purr loudly. My dog is named Peter and he's a medium size poodle mix (we call him the substandard poodle). He's got floppy ears, snores and loves green beans.
View all posts by AdrienneTheLibrarian